Intertape Polymer Group Inc. has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of our customers and visitors to our websites, including respecting your concerns about privacy. We understand that you may have questions about how we collect and use the personal information that you provide to us.
We have prepared this policy to inform you of the privacy principles that govern the use of personal information that we collect through our websites, including iTape.com, www.cantech.com, www.polyair.com, www.maiweave.com, www.ipgasia.in, fibope.pt, betterpackages.com, and any other website, software or mobile application linking to this policy (collectively, the “Sites”).
The term “personal information” as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
Intertape Polymer Group Inc., as well as its subsidiaries and affiliates (IPG or the IPG Group), is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found here https://www.itape.com/en/about ipg. This policy is issued on behalf of the IPG Group so when we mention «IPG», «we» or «us» in this policy, we are referring to the relevant company in the IPG Group responsible for processing your personal information. We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your personal information when you purchase a product or service with us. Intertape Polymer Group Inc. is the controller and responsible for this Site.
This policy contains numerous general and technical details about the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns. At IPG, meeting your needs and expectations form the foundation of everything we do – including protecting your privacy.
2. Personal Information We Collect
Personal information you give us
You may give us your personal information including name and contact details, by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you ask us about, or purchase, our products or services; subscribe to our blog or other publications; request marketing to be sent to you or give us feedback. If you would like to become a B2B partner, we will ask you for personal information such as name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Personal information we collect
When you access our Sites, our servers automatically collect technical information including, for example, Internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type and version, the operating system used and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may also collect information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may use this information to personalize content presented to you, better understand how visitors use our Sites and how we can better tune it, its contents, and functionality to meet your needs.
To help make our Sites more responsive to the needs and interests of our visitors, we keep track of the pages visited by our users by placing a cookie, a small entry in a text file, on your hard drive.
4. How We Use Personal Information
We will only process your personal information in accordance with this policy and the applicable law.
We will process your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract:
- To create and maintain your customer account, if you become a customer;
- To create and maintain your B2B account, if you become a B2B partner;
- To provide after-sales services and to notify you about changes to our product or services, and to send you service emails relating to the activities you have asked us to undertake on your behalf;
- To process accounts such as rebates, remittances and payment of invoices; and
- To respond to queries, suggestions and requests
We will process your personal information for the following purposes as necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your informed consent to such processing as required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- To conduct periodic campaigns, satisfaction or market research surveys, as well as to analyze the results and send out prizes and gifts;
- To offer our services to you in a personalized way, for example, we may provide suggestions based on your previous requests to enable you to identify suitable products and services more quickly. This may also include, where legally permitted, processing data related to your location;
- To inform you about our products, goods and services; and
- To inform customers about any exhibitions, presentations, seminars, and other events organized by us (solely or jointly, including with our cooperation or support).
We will process your personal information for the following purposes as necessary in our legitimate business interests, (provided such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights):
- To submit notifications, reports or applications to the competent authorities;
- To send business-related communications and courtesy letters;
- To resolve any disputes, if you lawfully exercise your rights or if you wish to dispute any part of our service offering;
- To ensure the security of your account and our business, preventing or detecting fraud or abuses of our Sites, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password (if applicable);
- To develop and improve our products and services, for example, by reviewing visits to our Sites and various subpages, demand for specific products and services and user comments;
- To administer our Sites and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure, and
- To comply with applicable law, for example, in response to a request from a court or regulatory body, where such request is made in accordance with the law.
We will process personal information for other purposes only upon receipt of your prior consent to such processes.
5. Transfer of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- Other IPG Group companies;
- Our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, etc.; and
- Trusted third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf in connection with the Sites and our other products and services. The services provided by such third parties include services in the following categories: processing payments on our behalf, helping us to provide products or services that you request, sending marketing communications on our behalf, authenticating identities on our behalf, helping us to create or maintain our databases, helping us to research or analyze the people who use our Sites and maintaining the security of our Sites.
We will only transfer your personal information to trusted third parties who provide sufficient assurances in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal
information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if IPG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information
held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal
obligation, any request from law enforcement or governmental organizations, or in order to enforce or
apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IPG, our customers,
or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed. We use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your personal information within a reasonable timeframe upon request.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. International Transfers
Your personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to our affiliates, partners or service providers who are located worldwide. This may involve the transfer of personal information outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) to countries that may not provide a level of protection of personal information that may be regarded as equivalent to that afforded under the European data protection legislation. Whenever your personal information is transferred internationally, we will take appropriate steps to ensure its security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection law. For more information as to how we protect your personal information please contact us using the contact details shown above.
9. Your Californian Rights
For residents of California only
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits existing customers who are California residents to request once a year that we disclose the manner in which we have shared certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use. To request this disclosure please use this link.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Rights
Section 1798.100-199 provides verified California residents the following rights as of January 1, 2020:
- to request and receive disclosure of our personal information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or sharing such information, and the categories of third
parties with whom we share such information.
- to request and receive a copy of the personal information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months
- to request and receive disclosure of our information sale practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of personal information sold and the category of third party recipients and a list of the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third
- to request that we not sell personal information about them and
- to request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their personal information subject to certain exceptions.
In order to make a request for disclosure California residents may contact us via this link. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
You may make a request up to twice within a 12-month period. We will endeavor to respond within forty-five days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional forty-five days) we will notify you of our need for additional time.
For requests for a copy of the personal information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request we will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to your registered account, if you have registered an account with us.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights.
We do not sell your personal information.
During the past 12 months we have collected the following categories of information directly from you: identifiers, information protected against security breaches (such as your name and financial account, driver’s license, social security number, user name and password, health/medical information), protected classification information (like race, gender, ethnicity, etc.), commercial information, Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing. We have collected the following categories of information from third parties: identifiers, information protected against security breaches (such as your name and financial account, driver’s license, social security number, user name and password, health/medical information), protected classification information (like race, gender, ethnicity, etc.), commercial information, Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing. We have collected the following categories of information from our own observation: identifiers, information protected against security breaches (such as your name and financial account, driver’s license, social security number, user name and password, health/medical information), protected classification information (like race, gender, ethnicity, etc.), commercial information, Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing.
During the past 12 months we have used the collected information for the purposes set forth above. We have disclosed the following categories of information in order to conduct our business operations and for our business purposes (for instance completing transactions, managing employees and vendors, marketing and analytics): identifiers, information protected against security breaches, protected classification information, commercial information, Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing. We have disclosed the following categories of information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration: identifiers, information protected against security breaches, protected classification information, commercial information, Internet/electronic activity, geolocation, audio/video data, professional or employment related information, education information, and
inferences from the foregoing.
10. European Residents
If you are based in Europe, in certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to personal information we hold about you:
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligation under this policy or applicable European data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to a European Supervisory Authority.
If you have any questions about your rights, please contact us using the information listed in “Section 13, Contact Information” of this document.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please use this link.
Our Sites contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personal information.
12. Changes to This Policy
This policy was last updated on the date shown above. In the future, we may need to make additional changes. All changes will be highlighted here so that you will always understand our current practices with respect to the information we gather, how we might use that information and disclosure of that information to third parties.
13. Contact Information
If after reviewing this policy, you have any questions or privacy concerns contact us via one of the following methods:
Full version is available for download by clicking here!