ENERGY STAR Partner
IPG has been an ENERGY STAR partner since 2009. In 2021, IPG achieved a 2.3% energy intensity reduction by leveraging ENERGY STAR® tools and resources. Key accomplishments in 2022 included:
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at three plants, including the Carbondale, IL plant for the sixth time, the Brighton, CO plant for the third time, and the Polyair Packaging Atlanta plant for the first time
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign by sharing the results of seven energy treasure hunts that identified over 67,000 MMBtu in potential energy savings.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR for IPG’s largest regional distribution center in Danville, Virginia, for the third year in a row.
- Installing energy metering systems and optimizing new process equipment in several facilities that will deliver future energy and carbon savings.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership through presentations in industry meetings and sharing best practices with other ENERGY STAR partners.
Each year, EPA honors a group of businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements. Whether a first time Partner of the Year winner, or a Sustained Excellence winner, these small and large organizations from across the country are saving money, saving energy, and protecting the environment. Learn how the 2023 ENERGY STAR Award winners are helping millions of individuals, families, and businesses save energy and protect the environment. Get more information at energystar.gov.