Water-Activated Tape (WAT)
Water-activated tape bonds instantly to both virgin and recycled fiber surfaces and therefore, generates an immediate destructive bond resulting in a tamper evident package. WAT Paper Tape (Gummed Tape, Gum Tape, Kraft Tape) is offered in both fiberglass reinforced and plain paper with many styles available in standard prints or customized prints to display your corporate message. They all have one common feature... uncompromising quality.
- Secure Bond – our starch based adhesive aggressively bonds to corrugated cartons, even in dusty or dirty environments
- Custom Printed – advertise your company and products, provide directions for freight handlers and improve the appearance of your package
- All-Weather Use – not affected by extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Protection – a carton sealed with water-activated tape can’t be opened without leaving a broken seal
What is WAT?
WAT Paper Tape
Designed for fast, permanent adhesion and superior strength. Cracking of the adhesive surface provides our paper tape with excellent flexibility for sealing carton corners, edges and irregular surfaces. Use paper tapes to seal lightweight or standard sized packages or cartons that will be shipped in unitized loads or full pallets.
WAT Reinforced Tape
Available in a wide variety of sizes and product construction, reinforced tapes are designed to provide consistent performance in carton sealing applications where durability, extra strength and reliability are required. Extra strong fiberglass yarns are bonded between the high tensile strength sheets for an extra margin of strength.
WAT Tape Dispensers
As the market leader for water-activated carton sealing tape, IPG’s commitment continues with state-of-the-art tabletop dispensers. This superior line of dispensers features the complete line of Better Packages WAT Dispensers. The new eH2O WAT Taper offers:
- Patent pending roller wetting technology
- Self-cleans while it rotates in the water pot
- Roller material will not support growth of bacteria or mold